Styx River Shooting Center
These rules are in place for your protection, as well as to promote your enjoyment of the facility. Please adhere to them, as failure to do so may result in immediate removal from the facility
• The basic NRA rules for gun safety must be followed at all times and under all circumstances.
o Never point the muzzle of your firearm at anything you are not willing to shoot, never point or allow your firearm to sweep another person.
o Keep your finger out of the trigger guard until your sights are on the target.
o Keep your firearm unloaded until you are ready to use it.
• Anyone on the range can call “CEASE FIRE” when they observe an unsafe condition
• When the “CEASE FIRE” Command is given,
o Stop shooting immediately
o Remove your finger from the trigger
o Keep your gun pointed in a safe direction
o Unload and safe your firearm.
o Lay your firearm on the table & step back behind the yellow line.
• Two second between shots is required. Double taps and rapid fire is not safe shooting on this range.
• Shots fired must hit the back berm without ricocheting or skipping from the ground or side berms. Set your target to control the possibility of ricochets.
• No one may go forward of the firing line unless the range has been called “COLD” and all shooter have acknowledged this and made their firearms safe.
o When the shooting line is called “COLD” all shooters must unload their firearm before anyone goes downrange
o Anyone not going down range must stay behind the yellow line.
o There is absolutely no gun handling when the range is “COLD”.
• All Federal, State, and local firearms laws must be obeyed. Owners of Class III firearms must be in possession of any special permits or paperwork required by law. Permits and/or paperwork must be presented the range staff before shooting.
• You may collect your own brass that is on or behind the firing line. Brass that falls in front of the firing line may not be collected until the range is declared “COLD”.
• Ear and Eye protection is recommended.